PURCHASE PRICE AND MEMBERSHIP OF 180 FOUNDING FATHERS
|Whiskey Type||Cask Type First Fill||Average Cask Strength||Approx. cask capacity at fill||Estimated number of 70cl bottles||Cask Price|
|Single Malt||Ex-bourbon||63.5% ABV||200 litre||350 (46%ABV)||€6600.00|
Alternative cask-type arrangements may be availed of by request and specific agreement.
COST OF OWNERSHIP
The total cost of ownership is calculated as follows:-
- Original cost of cask is €6600.00.
- Taxes become payable on release from bond.
- Revenue charge Irish Duty estimated on yield of 112 LPA per cask at current alcohol tax rate of €42.57. This is approximately €4767.84.
- VAT is payable on the combined original cost and duty estimated at €2614.60. VAT registered founding fathers may reclaim VAT.
- Total cost on release from bond after 5 years or more is €13,982.44.
- Minimum retail value per bottle should be in the order of €65. Your cask should yield circa 350 bottles giving a retail value of €22750.00.
- Giving the nature of exclusivity of your investment you may well achieve a greater return as is common in the secondary auction market.
- A small annual fee is payable for members who wish to leave cask under bond beyond 5 years.
Above does not include bottling cost, shipping/ delivery to your destination.
- Ensure you have read full terms and conditions and then complete purchase order form.
- Full fee per cask is €6600.00. You may pay a discounted price of €6000.00 upfront availing of a 10% discount until 31st December 2019.
- Alternatively, you may pay a non-refundable deposit of €2000.00 with your purchase order. The balance of €4600.00 is payable within 60 days. Instalments may be arranged.
- Prices quoted are per cask UNDER BOND, excluding bottling, shipping, duty and VAT.
- A receipted deposit acknowledgement will be issued to you.
- After filling the casks you will be sent a stock certificate detailing the cask number, type, capacity, contents and strength.
- We will then place one bottle of new fill póitín into your dedicated cell in our Founding Fathers Vault.
- This offer is aimed at individuals or small groups who want to own their own unique expression and to experience their own dram once bottled.