JOB OPPORTUNITIES AT THE CROLLY DISTILLERY AND VISITOR’S CENTRE
JOB TITLE: MASTER DISTILLER
The Crolly Distillery and Visitor’s Centre is seeking a suitably qualified distiller as we expand into the production of Irish whiskey. Our new 50,000 LPA distillery is due to open by year end 2019 so the post is available with immediate effect.
Initially working on equipment installation with our Process Engineers, this position is focused solely on the production of Irish whiskey both malt and pot still. We are seeking a dynamic, enthusiastic, energetic person with all relevant experience.
It is critical that applicant(s) have all of the appropriate qualifications and is fully expert in all aspects of the brewing and distilling process, stock control, quality assurance and health and safety issues.
This is a senior position that involves a wide-range of responsibilities including brewing, distilling, quality control and product testing.
You will also be required to interact with trade, members of the public both in the facility and at trade shows.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE DISTILLER
· Manage day-to-day operations of whiskey production.
· Scheduling and production including help with the sourcing of raw materials, malting, fermentation and distillation.
· Designing a comprehensive sampling and recording programme.
· Each phase of the distillation process must be logged, and detailed records should be kept to ensure and maintain revenue compliance.
· Engage with brand promotion.
· As requested by management, the Distiller will engage with customers/tour participants, the media, other distilleries and wholesalers to promote the distillery and its products.
· Maintain hygiene and safety standards.
· The Distiller will have the appropriate academic qualification in brewing and distilling.
Some of the key skills which will be used on a regular basis include:
· Advanced knowledge of all process involved with brewing and distillation
· Well-developed sensory skills for tasting and evaluating spirits
· Strong scientific knowledge
· Dynamic, energetic and solution orientated
· Managerial skills
· Must be very methodical, logical and detail orientated
· Quality control skills
Contract: Full Time, 1 year minimum contract.
Salary: Competitive Salary
Location: Crolly, Donegal, Ireland https://goo.gl/maps/Q3LFDURufeNiGRgV7
Closing Date: 15th September 2019 17:00 hrs
To apply for this position please send your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
No post thanks